Merthyr Tydfil Public Libraries have a commitment to ensuring that all those who live, work or study in the Merthyr Tydfil area benefit from a strong library service and are committed to providing the 18 customer entitlements, which are:
Customers and Communities
- Ensure friendly, knowledgeable and qualified staff are on hand to help.
- Stage a range of activities to support learning, enjoyment and enable users to obtain the maximum benefit from the available resources.
- Provide access to a range of services and resources to support lifelong learning, personal well-being and development, and community participation.
Access for all
- Open to all members of their communities
- Free to join
- Provide a safe, attractive and accessible physical space with suitable opening hours
- Provide appropriate services, facilities and information resources for individuals and groups with special needs
Learning for life
- Lend books for free.
- Deliver free access to information.
- Provide free use of the Internet and computers, including Wi-Fi.
- Deliver free use of online information resources 24 hours a day.
- Provide access to high quality resources in a range of formats, including those in the Welsh language, reflecting changing forms of publication.
- Share their catalogues, to enable a single search of all Welsh library resources.
Leadership and development
- Promote libraries to attract more people to benefit from their services.
- Regularly consult users to gather their views on the service and information about their changing needs.
- Work in partnership to open up access to the resources of all Welsh libraries.
- Provide access to the library service’s strategy, policies, objectives and vision, in print and online, in a range of languages appropriate for the community
- Provide a clear, timely and transparent complaints process if things go wrong.